Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DEATH


When I was sick and ill
I look beyond the sky and wonder about my ills
Thinking about my life
And saying to myself how it did not worth that while
Then the fear of death gripped me
Then I screamed please let me be
Then I muttered “OH ALLAH”
Grant me paradise
The house of the wise
The abode of the faithful’s
The resting place of the helpful and grateful’s
And I said to myself if its time
To say bye to my lifetime
Then, am prepared for death
Of which I don’t fear
But!!! Wait!!
I never got to apologize
For that other day at the class
Or got to pray at that appropriate time
I never got to tell her and him that it was wrong
Neither did I warn them of hell
I never got to say salaam alaykum to that brother or sister
Neither did I offer half my bread to that sister
I never got to smile at the baby sitter
and the old man that cleaned the litter
OH MY!! What a waste!
I ignored all these small things
And only thought of those big things
Now! No time to go back
Death is already on my back
For those of us who are still alive
And still living that bad life
This is an opportunity for you to do good deeds
And encourage others to do good deeds
Because all this will count on judgment day
May Almighty Allah make us inmate of paradise on that day. Ameeen.


No comments:

Post a Comment